Q. Do you charge for estimates?
A. No, we provide written estimates free of charge.
Q. What is a ridge?
A. The ridge is the top of your roof, which runs level to the ground (does not have slope). The ridge is usually covered with ridge caps (short shingles laid in a straight line) or, preferably, with a ridge vent.
Q. What are the differences between shingle types?
A. Basic shingle types are:
3-tab shingle – cheapest shingle on the market
– Has a single layer minimum coverage
– Good for customers primarily concerned with price
Dimensional / Architectural Shingle (30 year)
– Has a double layer minimum coverage
– Higher quality shingle composed of two layers of material per shingle
Dimensional / Architectural Shingle (40 year)
– Minimum double layer coverage
– High quality, thick shingle composed of two layers of material per shingle
Q. What is a valley?
A. A valley is created when two main roof decks intersect each other. The resulting junction resembles a valley.
Q: How much will my new roof cost?
A: The cost of your roof will depend on Size, Shape, Slope and the number of existing roof layers.